FRANCESCO DAL CO
Born in 1945, he graduated in architecture in 1970 at the Iuav in Venice. His professorships include the teaching of History of Architecture at the Iuav (1981), at the Yale University (1982-1991) and at the University of Italian Switzerland (1996-2005). Director of the Department of History of Architecture at the Iuav University from 1995 to 2003, he was director of the architecture section at the Venice Architecture Biennale. Since 1978 he is responsible for architecture publications at Electa and since 1996 he is also director of Casabella, an historic journal of architecture. Often invited as lecturer in several universities abroad – like the Center for Advanced Studies and the National Gallery of Art in Washington DC – he is also a senior member of the management committee of the Society of Architectural Historians and honorary doctor in engineering at the Polytechnic University of Gand.